Saturday, February 13, 2010


More Tailfeathers:
The horizontal is almost finished. I still need to add the bushings for the brace wires and of course attach it to the fuselage.



For the control horns I used .090 thick 4130 instead of the .063 (the plans say .065 but that is not a thickness made). The way these are made with no flanges, I just felt like I wanted a little more thickness in the pieces. The 1 ounce or so weight penalty is an acceptable trade off as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure the stock thickness is just fine, I just feel more comfortable with this. BTW, the odd looking bushing is just something I had laying around to allow me to use a bolt that was a little too long.







Propped up on the fuselage.






1 comment:

  1. Hey Tim what is going on with the project?? Everything here still looks good. Wish I could weld that nice.

    Kent Carder
    St. Paul MN
    http://tailwindbuildinmn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete